Workshop 1: What is Bitcoin?
You will have a basic understanding of what Bitcoin is and where it sits in relation to existing technologies.
- Open Blockchains
- Further reading
Workshop 2: How to use Bitcoin
You will be comfortable sending and receiving Bitcoin. You will know how to secure and backup your wallet.
- Set up a Bitcoin wallet (account)
- Backup your Bitcoin wallet
- Secure your Bitcoins
- Sending and receive Bitcoin
- Understand transaction confirmations
Workshop 3: How does Bitcoin work?
You will get a more in-depth understanding of the different parts of Bitcoin connect together.
- Whats a Bitcoin Address?
- Understanding Transactions
- What are Blocks for?
- What are Nodes?
- Miners & Mining
Workshop 4: What are Multi-party wallets?
You will understand the unique custodial scenarios that Bitcoin unlocks for joint ownership of funds with "multisig" wallets.
- Understanding how joint wallets work
- What are "multisig" wallets?
- Payment Escrow example
Workshop 5: Instant Bitcoin payments using the Lightning Network
You will use the Bitcoin Lightning network to send instantly confirming payments with real Bitcoin!
- Make and recieeve instant payments with real bitcoin over the lightning network!
- Install and set up a Bitcoin Lightning compatible wallet app
- Create a Lightning wallet
- Secure your Lightning wallet
Workshop 6: Understand Bitcoin's second layer
You will understand the importance and features of the Bitcoin Lightning network.
- How bitcoin scales to 8+ Billion people
- What are Payment Channels?
- How Payments are sent accross the network
Workshop 7: How to mine Bitcoin
You will see a real Bitcoin mining demonstration using a dedicated Bitcoin miner. You will understand the requirements, trade-offs and constraints of mining bitcoin.
- Mining demonstration
- Important aspects of mining
- Mining Difficulty
- Comparing mining equipment
Workshop 8: Cold Storage: Super secure hardware wallets
For larger amounts and for long term storage a Hardware Wallet is the best option. You will learn how to set up, configure and use the hardware wallet.
- Initialising a hardware wallet
- Understanding how a hardware wallet works
- Sending and recieving Bitcoin using the hardware wallet